Mastering interactions with the hostile, aggressive, and difficult parents
- Do parental demands and expectations emotionally drain you?
- Do you become more concerned about parental demands than the needs of the student?
- Do you feel your enthusiasm for teaching dimming?
Find passion and joy in teaching again by learning how to effectively address unsupportive parents. During a Parental Pressure Workshop, Marriage and Family Therapist Daniel A. Burgess will guide you through the tools and skills you need to immediately and effectively address the spectrum of difficult parents.
- Learn the four Dos and Don’ts to reclaiming your power as an educator
- Learn three steps to identifying and stopping unproductive parental interactions
- Learn how to minimize or eliminate negative parental interactions so you can thrive in your career
This course is NOT just about theory — during the class we will hear a recording of an actual interaction between a hostile parent and teacher, and learn how to diffuse and respond for a positive outcome.
Schedule a Parental Pressure Workshop with Daniel A. Burgess today:
Four Do's & Don'ts:
Do’s: Clear, Concise, Confident & Loving
Don’t: Prove, Convince, Defend & Retaliate
Three Steps to Ending Parental Pressure:
1. Recognize/Stop the “Bad Teacher Equation.”
2. Respond to the correct concern.
3. Make the child the most important thing in the conversation.
Get additional educational resources from Nugent Family Counseling.